Michael is passionate about his work. He has always loved people, numbers, and entrepreneurship. He has given his time and energy to volunteering at Primary Children’s Medical Center, The United Way, Lowell Bennion Community Service Center, and others. He believes everything comes down to serving people.
Michael’s first two years of studies were in the science department where he spent most of his time in calculus, physics, and chemistry. When he moved to the Finance department, he excelled in statistics, business valuation, and Excel modeling. Michael believes this gives him a more objective view of things and adds a unique assessment when it comes to problem-solving.
Michael grew up in Utah. He was the kid who was always doing small business ventures around the neighborhood. He loves entrepreneurship and has a deep respect for those who run their own company. From day one, he was working with business owners. Business owners have unique needs and Michael enjoys helping business owners understand some common pitfalls and opportunities.
While studying at the University of Utah, Michael met his wife Candice. They have two children, Jonah and Kylie. Michael enjoys spending time outdoors fishing and hiking. He also enjoys reading good books, listening to good music, and art.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of Utah in 2013
- Selected as one of 16 students who participated as portfolio managers as part of the Student Investment Fund
- Completed internship with MassMutual
- CUI Wealth Management - Partner
- CUI Benefits - Partner
- Helping business owners with
- Buy-sell funding
- Key person policies
- Executive retention strategies
- 401k plans, Simple IRAs, SEP IRAs
- Individual planning
- IRA, Roth IRA, Mutual Funds, Managed Accounts, and Annuities
- Personal insurance: Life, Health, Disability, Property, Casualty
- Retirement income planning, modular and comprehensive goal-based approach
- Received the SMART Scholarship
- Dean’s list
- Accepted into Honors college
- Selected for President’s Club
- Insurance licenses: life, health, property, casualty
- FINRA Series 6, Series 63, Series 7, and Series 65
- Spending time with his wife Candice and his two kids- Jonah and Kylie
- Hiking, backpacking, and outdoors
- Music, art, and reading
- Volunteered at Primary Children’s Hospital