My story is different from most advisors I meet. I was the neighborhood kid that was always doing small startups. In college, the analytical side of me took over and I studied chemistry for 2 years. After starting an online business with my wife to help pay for college, I found finance peaked my analytical and business interests.
After studying in the Honors College in Finance and being chosen as one of 16 students to be an Analyst for the University of Utah’s Student Investment Fund, I made another change in my plans. I finished my degree in Finance and rather than going to Wall Street or into banking like many of my peers, I went back to my roots.
My passion for business and analytics has led me to pursue a career in advising business owners and gaining expertise in the 401k space. After several years in the business, I chose to align with an independent Broker-Dealer and RIA firm, Woodbury Financial. With this move, I formed CUI Wealth Management and CUI Benefits with good friends and colleagues.
I feel a strong sense of accountability and responsibility to the clients I work with. This industry requires trust and experience. Looking forward, I am excited to continue to raise the bar to a higher standard in this industry.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of Utah in 2013
- Completed internship with MassMutual
- Completed National Association of Plan Advisors’ Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor
- Completed Fi360’s Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- Retirement Plans
- Profit Sharing Plans
- Cash Balance Plans
- SIMPLE IRAs
- SEP IRAs
- Financial Strategies
- Mutual Funds
- Managed Accounts
- Received the SMART Scholarship
- Dean’s list
- Accepted into Honors college
- Selected for President’s Club
- Selected as one of 16 students who participated as portfolio managers as part of the Student Investment Fund
- Insurance licenses: Life, Health, Property, Casualty
- FINRA Series 6, Series 63, Series 7, and Series 65
- National Association of Plan Advisors
- Spending time with his wife and his two kids
- Hiking, backpacking, and outdoors
- Music, art, and reading
- Volunteered at Primary Children’s Hospital